R2i has been offering cloud computing services since 2015. Our offer was initially designed for IBM Power, but then we later extended it to cover Windows and Linux environments, and then added cloud backup, machine learning capabilities and VMWare services. In the past 5 years, our cloud has grown eightfold and we expect it to double again.
Businesses of all sizes and across all industries are switching to cloud and hybrid solutions for a number of reasons, including flexibility, scalability, data security and cost savings. From major corporations to ambitious start-ups, the question is no longer whether cloud computing is a good option, but rather which cloud provider is right for their needs.
Why choose R2i’s cloud computing service?
- Cost: R2i offers competitive prices that rival the biggest industry players. The difference isn’t how much you pay, but when. Multinational cloud providers will try to draw you in with a low initial cost, which can seem appealing at first, but ultimately these savings are offset by bandwidth charges. R2i puts no limits on bandwidth so there are no surprises down the line, like when development projects shift into production.
- IaaS and managed services: This is another area where R2i matches major providers—and then takes it up a notch. Even though our infrastructure services are the same as theirs, we go the extra mile by handling the purchasing, installation, configuration and management for true turnkey service. By entrusting the whole job to R2i’s multidisciplinary experts, your in-house team can focus on regular projects and everyday operations. In contrast, if you choose a multinational cloud provider, you’ll have to hire an intermediary firm to help you with the migration, even though costs and risks go up substantially every time another player is brought into the mix.
- Flexibility: R2i’s packages are fully customizable and allow you to make changes—to memory, CPU and disk space—at a very granular level, based on your needs. Contrast this Amazon and Azure’s pre-set packages, which are based on averages and only allow for upgrades in hefty increments. A flexible offer ensures you only pay for what you need.
- Security and reliability: We have our own redundant dark fibres between sites, a rare asset that ensures path diversity, robust service and optional synchronous data replication for DR. We also have ISO 27001 and 27018 certification and run two annual audits to put us in the same league as any of the world’s leading cloud providers. In addition, we have three Soc 2 Type II certified data centres and our data is hosted in Canada only, which is an important consideration for businesses looking to avoid the terms of the Patriot Act.
- Support: 24/7 monitoring by Canadian professionals is a key feature of our service. No matter what happens, you’ll get a quick response by people in your time zone who speak your language.
Ultimately, R2i appeals to businesses looking for a local cloud computing partner and managed services provider committed to offering top-of-the-line service. In many cases, clients choose us for our Level 3 experts and robustness, but over time they stay because of our dedication. Our mission is to never let a partner down, and it shows in everything we do.