Artificial Intelligence is omnipresent
For novices, the use of artificial intelligence may seem like science fiction. And it’s not easy to imagine that bots, deep learning, or mixed reality will soon be at the heart of how your business works. However, we are already unconsciously using it in our everyday lives, whether it’s by using a voice command application, games on a computer, or home automation tools.
What are the applications in businesses?
When we talk about artificial intelligence in businesses, we immediately think of applications in sectors using cutting-edge technologies, such as healthcare or aeronautics. However, the fields of application in the professional world are much more numerous and concern both large companies and SMEs. In particular, we can mention:
- The automation of tasks in factories, as well as machine-to-machine and machine-to-human communication
- Live chats with a customer service department via the company’s website
- Online machine translation with tools such as Google Translate
- Offering products to customers based on their previous purchases
- Reception terminals in wholesale stores
- Online training
What are the advantages for businesses?
The benefits of integrating artificial intelligence in organizations are too many to count. Indeed, thanks to AI, among other things, companies can:
- Improve supply chain efficiency and the management of schedules and stocks of raw materials and finished products, and work more just-in-time
- Reduce processing and production times
- Optimize performance and productivity
- Better control the quality of the products and services sold
- Exploit their available internal and external data to tackle a wide range of business challenges by indexing many pieces of content via metadata applications, allowing in particular for the creation of new business models or informed decision-making
- Better protect the information system to enjoy maximum security
- Optimize customer service by cataloguing and analyzing phone and written exchanges with customers, especially when launching a new product or service
- Reduce maintenance costs and limit breakdowns and production shutdowns by improving their preventive maintenance
- Analyze the purchasing behaviours of customers to predict whether they are likely to buy
- Improve employee safety
- And much more.
The implications for businesses
The integration of AI in organizations is a real revolution in itself. Businesses must be prepared for this transition to be successful. In particular, this requires involving the staff in the change process, training them, and demonstrating that the machine doesn’t replace humans but allows them to increase their abilities.
These days, all companies need to integrate artificial intelligence into their processes if they want to stay in the race. But it is still necessary to select a partner that is an expert in the field, that has perfectly mastered the AI tools, and that possesses the necessary agility to choose and implement the most suitable artificial intelligence solutions according to the size, activity, and specifics of the organization.